Our shared ambition during the coronavirus crisis
17 March 2020
The great disruption caused by the consequences of the coronavirus raises a variety of issues and risks, undoubtedly also for your staff and business. Even though these times are uncertain, the right legal advice can avoid or reduce some of those uncertainties.
We have done everything possible to ensure that our 6oo employees can work safely from home, bearing in mind our environment.
The health of our people and their families, and to continue assisting our clients, is our top priority. We will happily and properly continue to provide our services for you as our client or contact, with all the means that we have.
Our teams can help you to answer these and other questions:
- Can suppliers or customers rely on force majeure?
- Is it possible to cancel, change or terminate contracts, or can payments under contracts be suspended?
- Is it allowed to check employees for coronavirus?
- Does the current situation qualify as a 'material adverse event' under an acquisition or other commercial contract and what are the consequences of that?
- Is a reduction of working hours possible?
- Should the meeting of shareholders be postponed?
- What are the possibilities for paying tax assessments later or reclaiming paid VAT sooner?
- What measures must be taken when there are unforeseen payment problems, or worse, to avoid liability (including directors' and officers' liability)?
- What sort of aid is there, including State aid, and how can it be used?
- In what way is a timely restructuring possible and, in that case, what are the do's and don'ts regarding funders, shareholders and other involved parties?
We will keep you informed of the legal consequences of the current crisis through our website, LinkedIn page and newsletters.
We understand that now, maybe more than ever, you need robust advice that is informed by deep market knowledge. Our lawyers, civil-law notaries and tax advisers are happy to assist you in this. It is our ambition to reduce the consequences of the coronavirus crisis to the minimum, together with our clients. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your Houthoff contact or email@example.com.
We wish you wisdom, success and most of all good health for you and those closest to you.