Alex specialises in public international law and international arbitration. His contentious work focuses on advising states and private entities in treaty-based arbitrations. He also advises on international commercial proceedings. Alex was previously part of Trial Chamber I of the UN ICTY (Prosecutor v. Ratko Mladić) and was an assistant editor of the Leiden Journal of International Law.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Lawyer, Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Diploma Course in International Commercial Arbitration, Queen's College, Oxford University
- LL.M. (Adv.) (cum laude) Public International Law (International Dispute Settlement), Leiden University, Netherlands
- B.Com./LL.B. (cum laude) Commerce/Laws (International Business), Macquarie University, Australia