Bouke is the resident senior associate at Houthoff's New York office. He advises on the laws of the Netherlands, the Dutch Caribbean (including Sint Maarten, Curaçao and Aruba) and Suriname. Bouke has extensive experience in corporate finance transactions and international arbitrations. Bouke is admitted to the Amsterdam Bar and the New York State Bar.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Distance Learning Postgraduate Diploma in International Arbitration, 2018 Candidate (Queen Mary University of London, UK)
- LL.M. US Law (Cornell Law School, Ithaca, NY)
- LL.M. Law & Economics (Aix-Marseille University, University of Bologna, Aix-en-Provence, France/Bologna, Italy)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme, Swedish Corporate Law (Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Juris Doctor, Dutch Law (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
Together with Skadden Arps we advised ExxonMobil on matters of Suriname law in connection with an offshore oil and gas drilling project in Suriname.
Houthoff advised UBS on matters of Curaçao law in connection with a USD 790 million amended and restated term loan agreement entered into with companies belonging to the Citco group. The companies, including several Citco entities, incorporated under Curaçao law as guarantors and security providers.
Advised Trafigura LLC on matters of St. Eustatius law in connection with a USD 3 billion credit agreement with, inter alia, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd, secured by certain assets located in St. Eustatius.
We advised Bank of America in a USD 150 Million secured finance transaction with a US based multinational chemical corporation. The complex Dutch partnership structure of the borrower created some interesting challenges with respect to the security package to which we found appropriate solutions. We worked together with US co-counsel Shearman & Sterling in this matter.
Houthoff advised several US financial institutions in several matters regarding Curaçao securities laws.
Houthoff advised a Curaçao corporation on its cross-border conversion into a Spanish corporation.