Brendan is a Dutch and German qualified attorney with proven expertise and knowledge in domestic and international taxation as well as corporate law. His practice covers a wide range of areas including mergers & acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, capital market transactions, private equity transactions and tax structuring. Furthermore, he has experience with the application of tax treaties and EU law. He handles these complex matters for listed companies, financial institutions and large privately held companies. Brendan is a member of the Dutch Bar Association, the Dutch Association of Tax Advisors and the German-Dutch Bar Association.
Qualifications & Experience
- German bar examination
- German Law (Juristisches Repetitorium Hemmer Würzburg & Munich)
- MSc Law & Accounting (The London School of Economics and Political Science)
- LL.M. International and European Tax Law (Maastricht University)
- LL.B. Law (Maastricht University)
- LL.B. Tax Law (Maastricht University)
Houthoff advised Stryker Corporation on its $5.4 billion acquisition of Wright Medical Group N.V.