Foram Kamdar specialises in international arbitration and commercial litigation. She represents and advises clients on various arbitration proceedings. Her practice includes commercial matters as well as investment arbitration proceedings under UNCITRAL and ICSID. She is involved in various investor-state arbitration and related court litigation, where she advises on jurisdiction of arbitral tribunal, setting aside of awards, suspension of awards and also enforcement. Foram has four years' experience in practising white collar crime and commercial litigation before the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India and also has reported judgments in her name. She has won many national inter-collegiate debate competitions in India. She is a member of the Dutch Arbitration Association.
Foram is admitted to the bar in India. She is not admitted to the bar in the Netherlands and does not advise on Dutch law.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced LL.M. European and International Business Law (Leiden University)
- LL.B. (University of Dehli, India)
- Company Secretary (Institute of Company Secretaries of India)
- B.Com (Devi Ahilya Viswavidyalaya, India)
- Diploma Law of Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions (Asian School of Cyber Law, India)