International & EU Tax
The international tax climate has become more changeable than ever with the introduction of BEPS. Transparency is becoming more important and initiatives like the Multilateral Instrument (“MLI”) show that changes are happening rapidly and efficiently. Where tax treaties were predominantly agreed to avoid double taxation, the focus has shifted to prevent double non-taxation.
WHAT SERVICES CAN WE PROVIDE?In order for your company to cope with the continuously changing international tax landscape, we can assist you on the following matters:
- structuring and restructuring;
- due diligence on international M&A and restructuring;
- disputes with tax authorities;
- clarifying your tax position by concluding an Advance Pricing Agreement (“APA”) or Advance Tax Ruling (“ATR”) with the Dutch tax authorities;
- preparing and filing corporate income tax or withholding tax returns including technical positions.
European tax law plays a very important role in the current fiscal climate. Recent developments such as the Danish cases on beneficial ownership and abuse of law, ATAD2 (one of the results of BEPS) and several State aid cases play a major role in tax law in the Netherlands and other Member States. As a result, Member States must combat abuse and revoke or reclaim State aid measures.
WHAT SERVICES CAN WE PROVIDE?
- advice on compliance with EU jurisprudence and the Dutch implementation thereof;
- advice on the impact of recent State aid cases and setting up structures and drafting contracts that take into account the relevant State aid risks;
- legal assistance with debates and hearings with the European Commission and with national and European legal authorities;
- advice on, negotiate and conclude tax rulings with respect to European issues.
We have highly skilled international tax advisers and lawyers who can help you with any situation or transaction. We work closely with our State aid experts in Brussels.
For more information, please contact one of our key contacts.