Seminar Environment and Planning Act & Complex Companies
The implementation decrees of the Environment and Planning Act have recently been published in the Dutch Bulletin of Acts, Orders and Decrees. As a result, the most important part of the Environment and Planning Act and related regulations for complex companies, the IPPC and Seveso establishments, has been laid down. With the preparations of the entry into force of the Environment and Planning Act in 2021, a definitive start can therefore be made. What does this Act mean for your permit and any extension plans you may have?
Houthoff and Royal HaskoningDHV are organising for the second time, after a successful first edition, the seminar 'The Environment and Planning Act and Complex Companies'. In order to give as many interested people as possible the opportunity to attend the seminar, this seminar will be held on two dates and at different locations: on 5 February 2019 in Amsterdam (Royal HaskoningDHV) and on 14 February 2019 in Rotterdam (Houthoff).
In this seminar the focus is on the company as the user of the Act. Insight will be provided into the major changes of the Environment and Planning Act from the company's perspective. Topics that will be discussed are:
- Granting of permits 2.0: to be granted a permit in a simple and better manner in the run up to and under the Environment and Planning Act?
- To become familiar with the Living Environment (Activities) Decree (Besluit activiteiten leefomgeving) and the Living Environment (Quality) Decree (Besluit kwaliteit leefomgeving) for your business situation.
- Environmental standards in the municipal environment plan: what does this mean for your company?
- The transitional law for existing permits and general rules: what will the legal situation of your company look like in the future?
- 2021 still seems far away – what preparations do you have to make in the near future?
Preparations for the new Environment and Planning Act, a very important and extensive legislative operation, requires adequate attention and priority within a company. Do you have colleagues (your CFO or COO, for example) for whom this seminar may be relevant? They are also very welcome to attend and can register via the interested button at the top of this page.