Yvo de Vries
Yvo specialises in competition law and EU law. His practice includes merger control notifications with the EU Commission and the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets, and foreign direct investment screening (FDI) matters. He is experienced in cartel investigations and EU antifraud investigations, and also advises on EU regulatory law matters.
Both in private practice and his past career as a government agent before the European Court of Justice, Yvo has extensively litigated various competition and other EU law disputes (including State aid and subsidy matters) before the EU courts. He also worked in-house at Philips International, advising on cartel cases, and on competition law and compliance issues.
Past work experience:
• Advised DSM on its merger with Firmenich and related competition and FDI issues
• Advised Aegon on the sale of its CEE activities to VIG and related FDI issues
• Represented a corporation in an EU anti-fraud investigation and related EDES and subsidy recovery procedures
• Represented a corporation in subsidy litigation before the EU courts
Qualifications and experience
- LL.M. Antitrust and International Trade Law (Fulbright Scholarship) (University of Michigan Law School)
- LL.M. Antitrust and EU Law (Maastricht University)