Update | Private equity in the Netherlands: market and regulatory overview
13 April 2021
Bram Caudri, Djotika Bissessur, Jeroen van Mourik, Daan Horsthuis, Jeroen Vossenberg, Maartje Verstappen, Brendan Moloney and Reinout Hampe have written a chapter on private equity in the Netherlands for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide.
UpdateIn April 2021, the authors updated the chapter on private equity in the Netherlands for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide. The chapter now includes detailed recent events and developments. In addition to the key practical issues in the Netherlands, the current update include a specific focus on the differences between private equity and venture capital in the Netherlands.
In this chapter, the authors give an overview of the key practical issues in the Netherlands by means of a Q&A, including:
- The level of activity and recent trends in the market;
- Investment incentives for institutional and private investors;
- The mechanics involved in establishing a private equity fund;
- Equity and debt finance matters in a private equity transaction;
- Issues surrounding buyouts and the relationship between the portfolio company's managers and the private equity funds;
- Management incentives; and
- Exit routes from investments.
To compare answers across multiple jurisdictions about private equity visit the Country Q&A tool.
The publication of 'Private equity in the Netherlands: market and regulatory overview' can be read here.