Update | Private equity in the Netherlands: market and regulatory overview
18 January 2023
Bram Caudri, Djotika Bissessur, Jeroen van Mourik, Marthe Bollen, Jeroen Vossenberg and Brendan Moloney have updated a chapter on private equity in the Netherlands for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
In December 2022, the authors updated the chapter on private equity in the Netherlands for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide. The chapter now includes detailed recent events and developments over 2022.
In this chapter, the authors give an overview of the key practical issues in the Netherlands by means of a Q&A, including:
- The level of activity and recent trends in the market;
- Investment incentives for institutional and private investors;
- The mechanics involved in establishing a private equity fund;
- Equity and debt finance matters in a private equity transaction;
- Issues surrounding buyouts and the relationship between the portfolio company's managers and the private equity funds;
- Management incentives; and
- Exit routes from investments.
To compare answers across multiple jurisdictions about private equity visit the Country Q&A tool.
The publication of 'Private equity in the Netherlands: market and regulatory overview' can be read here.