Philip van der Eijk
Qualifications & Experience
- Law Firm School
- LL.M. Privaatrecht (cum laude) (Maastricht University)
- International Asian Student Programme (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- LL.B. Nederlands recht (Maastricht University)
Houthoff advised the shareholders of Marvesa on the sale of the Marvesa oils & Fats business to private equity fund Parcom Capital. Marvesa is a supplier of components (oils and fats) for animal compound feed and supplies biomass products for the production of energy.
Houthoff advised the sellers on the sale of Mendix to Siemens. Mendix was founded in Rotterdam (2005) by, amongst others, Derek Roos and Derckjan Kruit and offers a low-code software platform for the development and implementation of applications.
Houthoff represented Mr Perridon and current management of Trust, a consumer electronics manufacturer, on the sale to Egeria. Trust's current board of directors will maintain its active role within the company.
Houthoff represented Sligro Food Group on the sale of its foodretail business EMTÉ to a consortium formed by foodretailers Jumbo and Coop as well as the separate real estate transaction for 27 store locations. The EMTÉ business is integrated into the businesses of Jumbo and Coop respectively.
Dassault Systèmes, a developer of 3D design and engineering software, acquired AITAC B.V., which, together with its subsidiaries, develops marine and offshore engineering software.
The acquisition allows Dassault Systèmes to strengthen its marine and offshore portfolio.
Paul, Weiss together with Houthoff advised Apollo Global Investment in the 80.1% interest in Lumileds, a leading supplier of LED components and automotive lighting. Philips will retain the remaining 19.9% interest in Lumileds.
Houthoff advised investment firm H2 Equity Partners on the acquisition of an interest in fixed base flight simulator producer Multi Pilot Simulations B.V. The company has its head office in the Netherlands with a production location in Germany. H2 will support the existing MPS management team in its growth plans.
Harbour BioMed, a newly established cancer therapies company based in Shanghai, today announced it has bought Harbour Antibodies BV for cash and an equity stake in Harbour Biomed in order to form a new oncology biotech.
The acquisition was financed by Harbour BioMed investors, Advantech Capital and Legend Capital, two leading China-focused investors with a particular emphasis on life sciences.
Harbour BioMed was established in 2016 with an initial financing of USD 50m from Advantech Capital, Legend Capital and the Harbour BioMed founding team. The company is headquartered with R&D operations in Shanghai, business operations in Cambridge, MA, and antibody platform innovation operations in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The company plans to expand its presence in the Boston area by establishing a drug discovery innovation center.
Houthoff assisted Erasmus MC Holding B.V., Atlas Holding Fund IX Coöperatief U.A. and the other shareholders of Harbour Antibodies B.V.
Houthoff advised JAC Capital, a subsidiary of Chinese state-owned investment company JIC, and Wise Road Capital, as lead counsel on the USD 2.75 billion acquisition of the Standard Products business from NXP Semiconductors, one of the semiconductor market leaders worldwide. The transaction is waiting for approval from amongst others of the European Commission, Federal Trade Commission (US), CFIUS and the Chinese Ministry of Trade.
Houthoff assisted FleetCor Technologies, Inc., a global provider of fuel cards and workforce payment products to businesses, in the acquisition of Travelcard Nederland B.V., a leading universal fuel card issuer in the Netherlands, from LeasePlan Corporation N.V.
Houthoff assisted the sellers (among whom, H2 Equity Partners and ABN AMRO Participaties) in the sale of Evenementenhal to Artexis Easyfairs.
Houthoff advised JAC Capital, a subsidiary of JIC Capital - a Chinese state-owned investment company, as a lead counsel on the USD 1.8 billion acquisition of the RF Power Business (radio frequency power amplifiers), from NXP Semiconductors, a Dutch semiconductor manufacturer and one of the semiconductor sales leaders worldwide. The transaction is waiting for their approval of The European Commission, The Federal Trade Commission (US) and Chinese Ministry of Trade.
Houthoff advised Oerlemans Foods Nederland B.V./H2 on the sale of its frozen potato processing division to Lamb-Weston/Meijer V.O.F. through a sale of all shares in Oerlemans Foods Nederland B.V. to Lamb-Weston/Meijer V.O.F.